August 13, 2013

Off to College Quilt

So.. My cousins son is off to college.. Woo hoo another one off into the big beautiful world...so of course I have planned on making him a quilt to take with him.  And of course I thought I had time to do it.  And of course life happened.  So what did I make.

Friday afternoon I was at City Quilter after work to get fabric for his quilt.. So home at 6:00 and off to work I began.

Cut and tryin out some layouts.


Top is pieced.. Can I make a back and baste it before bed...


Of course I can with some refreshments..

 And it is basted and ready for morning stitching.  After all the party starts at 2pm.. Yikes


And I am off...

Quilting is done.


Even managed a thread color change.  Woo hoo.


Binding complete.

 Back is sweet.


Dedicated and signed...

 And delivered.. Whew...

1 comment:

  1. You really made the guy happy...so it was worth the time and effort to see that gorgeous smile! Great color and design in this quilt. Hope it survives dorm life!

    ReplyDelete