December 15, 2010

Stacy's Bootcamp LOVE IT...Yes outside when its cold

I am addicted to the outdoors and now I have a great excuse to be out in the snow, ice, cold, lovely winter season.... Its called "Boot Camp".  I must say that Stacy Berman is an amazing instructor and motivator.  I started late June on a whim and have been attending ever since.  Now due to the discovery of a long standing knee issues...I have been informed that I MUST do strength training, core building, and quad work outs and not run, etc...so this was perfect timing.

Now, why do I mention this you may ask.  Well, the park in the morning is the most awe inspiring place.  I see beauty all around, nature, and architecture, images, etc.  All of these things invoke my GGI (Goddess of Good Ideas - Created by Queen BumbleBeans herself).  So, quite often when I am crab crawling, bear walking, jump squating, planking or buddy leg lifting, my mind drifts to images of Quilting.  So I often create during my work out...and then sketch my thoughts to hopefully return to at a future time....

Tuesday Morning...at Bethesda Fountain, while laying down performing buddy leg lifts...I looked up and noticed the ceiling for the first time...
Imagine this pattern all over the ceilings...it was stunning...absolutely stunning. And it made me come up with an idea for NYC Metro Mod's February Block...smiles...I love this city...

2 comments:

  1. cold weather + Buddy leg lifts = Your amazing!
    I could hibernate for the winter and be happy...
    Great inspiration! have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Way to go! I used to race bikes and it was always a rush when the temperatures dipped. But now I'm happy with my yoga by the radiator.... :-)

    ReplyDelete