December 8, 2010

Beauty abounds in the City....

I was walking down the street the last week of November and this caught my eye.   One of the things I love about New York City is its architecture.  Although, I do prefer the older buildings with its scroll work and detail, I am starting to appreciate the more modern look that is cropping up all over the place.  Anyway, this got me thinking about my current "works in progress".  (Santa's workshop is in overdrive now because I have out of towners coming in for a week...Love the company, but yikes for my christmas gift making timeframe.)

Okay, so back to the architecture and the buildings.  This blog thing can help to perpetuate stream of conscious flows...lol.  Yes, I crack myself up at times.  Okay, focus...the buildings.  So, while at my favorite City quilt shop....I found this fabric in early November and had to have it...this is what I have come up with thus far... They will be tote bags, similar to the other NYC one that I made and posted on NYC Metro Mod quilters blog...




The dimension and depth in the fabric is simply awesome...and I just love love love it...the additional fabric reminds me of old time graffiti, circa 1970s, 1980s NYC.  So of course when I saw that snowflake atop the building I though about my fabric at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment