Well, I was very busy this weekend as you can see...And went ahead with the fabric I had remaining to come up with more blocks to go on the exterior of the 12 that I had made. That meant an additional 18 blocks...whew..
So, I got to sketching again. I decided to use more of the layer cakes and not the red fabric. And this is what I came up with.
Funny, I created the blocks the wrong size. I, somehow thought that my initial 12 blocks were only 12 and a half inches....Clearly Not...after I did 18 blocks that were 12 and a half inches, I realized they were too small. So, what ever shall i do. Take them out..NEVER...adapt...Why of course, that is the only thing a time strapped working gal can or should do...smiles
So I will go and get that White fabric that I was eyeing...and use that to enlarge my lovely outer blocks....WHEW....process done and solved...Stay tuned for the completed layout...Which by the way is huge...so i will lay it out on my bed for design options...After all it is My new Winter Quilt...
Ha, wonder if I will finish this one by the winter...lol.