November 26, 2013

A traditional DWR...simply simplicity

So my guild has this challenge that has gone international... Of course Victoria is behind it because the challenge is a Double Wedding Ring.

There are 3 categories: small, traditional and modern.  I started a couple and restarted and then designed and started again..

As of now I have one complete and one almost done...

So for this one that I shall call "DWR in a Cabin" i will show you my process.  I originally had this grand idea to make log cabins and cut them up.  However, god was shining on me as I walked intoCity  Quilter and saw the fabric.  Whew. Thank goodness, because I would never have finished it. Lol

Complete



The back

Design time



 Practice practice




And it was sooo much fun.

1 comment:

  1. Great combination of traditional quilt designs. Two 'something olds' make 'something new' ! Very clever....

    ReplyDelete