March 12, 2012

Sunday Night Zag

Ah what a most enjoyable weekend. Sunday after book club I decided to take an hour and put things away. Lol that was a joke. As I walked inside I was instantly overwhelmed and decided to focus on my foyer. So an hour later, I shredded and threw away magazines etc. so it is a much neater entry way, again. Smiles

Then I looked at my Dresdens. Wasn't sure what to do, how to attach them. Should i fuse, baste, hand appliqué. I couldn't decided, so I played words with friends, surfed for tutorials, and then I just jumped in.

My babylock was my machine of choice. Some practice fabric and the zig zag began.

I must say, even with some of the fudging I had to do, I am pleased with the results and realized how much I enjoy my machines. I also must say that I loved the $4 "cedar" connecting thread (500 yds) with its satin finish.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving these Dresdens. And the centers you've chosen update them and make them sparkle.

    I couldn't find an email for you, so I'll leave an answer to your question from the 15 minutes blog here. I was trying to add up the hours I've spent on the spiderweb quilt, and all I can say is a LOT. Just piecing the rows together is taking 2 hours per row. It is big-87 x 87". But I've never made such a labor intensive quilt! I hope that doesn't discourage you. I feel like the effort will be worth it in the end. There's one of these quilts made in the 1930's in Gwen Marston's Liberated String Quilts book, and a similar one by Sarah Fielke in Material Obsession Two. Maybe you can figure out a quicker way to make it. I hope so!

    ReplyDelete