November 15, 2010

Wow!!! im a blogger now. ;-)


Welcome, Me....


I am going to try this blog thing out....It seems interesting and time consuming. All be it a method of transparency...
So, where do I begin. Clearly, I have awaited this day, that I would venture into the blogosphere. Thanks to the guild's for this push....I will take this opportunity to begin to explore the world inside of me...
Now, although it is entitled Cocktails and Thread, I am by no means a heavy drinker. I came up with this name about 5 years ago, when I took a sewing class, and met a group of women from all corners of the globe. We used to bring drinks to class, and go out for dinner and cocktails when we were done. So i coined the phrase, "Cocktails and Thread".
I always refer to my love of crafts in this manner. Whether it is a "Sip N' Knit" or just a quilt shop hop or a Yarn crawl, followed by drinks. So now that I am back into the threads, my blog is aptly named....


This is a quilt in my office. I created it over a weekend in August 2008.

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Welcome to Blogland Encyclopedia! Can't wait to see more of your work. See you at guild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...as you see it is a work in progress, learning how to organize and make nice...smiles...its all your fault...smiles...you said i don't get replies because i don't have a blog...smiles...Well now I have joined your world...thanks...really thanks, it is proving to be extremely inspirational...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Love the name of your blog and it will be great to see more
    of your work. Your quilt is beautiful - very striking. Good luck with the blog!

    ReplyDelete